Please take a look through some of the areas that are available, to see current or previous reports by MCC researchers, interns and volunteers on the subjects below please follow the links to the relevant downloadable document.
- Assessing benthic community structure through line transects and samples (Labratory facilities Available).
- Assessing Reef Health (specially modified Reef Check transect Methodology). Download Sample Reports
- Survey reports on the abundance and distribution of coral reef, seagrass, reef fish and invertebrates.
- Catalog and inventory of marine species in Cambodia
- Artificial reef and habitat creation.
- Sedimentation studies.
- Specialist Seahorse Research including, behavior, breeding, migration, feeding and habitats (Including our new breeding program) Download Latest Mcc Seahorse Reports
- Continued Monitoring of the Marine Ecosystems Around the Islands of Koh Rong Samloem and Koh Koun for the Cambodian Fisheries Administrations MFMA (Marine Fisheries Management Area) See 2013 report
- Baseline Marine Survey's for marine monitoring program in Kep province. Download current reports here
- Live marine food production for marine aquaculture.
Integrated Coastal Management, Including Fisheries Management and Socio-Economic Research
- Catch Monitoring of resource use by local small scale fishers.
- Analysis of the composition, trends and sustainability of commercial fisheries.
- Assessment of marine mammal, sea turtle and seahorse sightings and catches.
- Continuation of support and education with regards to the management plans of the government established fisheries communities.
- Continuation of Marine Conservation Cambodia’s socio–economic assessment of local fishing communities.
- Conflict resolution between different stakeholders using the coastal resources.
- Evaluation of the monetary and non-monetary value of coral reefs, mangroves, and seagrasses within Cambodia's marine ecosystems
- Assessing the development of community-based biodiversity conservation and sustainable development.
- Development and monitoring of of eco-tourism.
- Assessment of waste management programs and recommendations for better programs.
Marine Conservation Management
- Integrating community-based and science-based approaches to the establishment of marine protected areas (MFMA’s). In Collaboration With The Royal government of Cambodia’s Fisheries Administration Conservation Department.
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- We have the latest arclight GIS software available for mapping coral reefs and seagrass meadows.
By special request, Prepare and inventory of terrestrial species both flora and fauna and their ecology within the 13 islands of Kep province. (We have already found 1 new species of orchid)
These are just some of the current projects already underway, if you dont see a current topic relevent to your needs, don't limit yourself to just these options we are always open to new ideas and methodologies, anything that will help our ocean and the local fishing communities is valuable to us and we will do our best to give you the resources and support to fulfill your choice of topic or project.
Please include your ideas when completing our Application Form